In addition to this blog, there are a number of other venues where I’ve had articles published on the subject of marketing-technology intersections and innovations, including:
- AdAge — The Case for a Chief Marketing Technologist
- InformationWeek — Why Marketing Should Run Its Own Technology
- Chief Content Officer Magazine — Rise of the Marketing Technologist
- Adweek — An Open Letter to the CEO of WPP
- IDG CMO (Australia) — Why today’s CMO will be tomorrow’s CEO
- IDG CMO (Australia) — If you’re not in charge of digital, you’re not in charge of marketing
- Chief Marketer — Big Data is Good — But Big Testing is Better
- CMS Wire — 2014: The Year Agile Marketing Takes Off
I recently contributed a chapter to the book Multi-channel Marketing Ecosystems, edited by Markus Stahlberg and Ville Maila.
As part of their promotion for the book, the publisher has agreed to let me distribute a PDF of my chapter that discusses software as the new fabric of marketing — Software-driven marketing ROI. Click the previous link or the image to the right to download your free copy (no registration required).
Others have also covered my evangelism of this subject, including:
- Mashable — Should Your Company Have a Chief Marketing Technologist
- ITSMA — Why Marketing Needs a Chief Technologist
- Online Marketing Institute — Managing Marketing Technology: 5 Questions with Scott Brinker
- MarketingProfs — Marketing Smarts Podcast: Why You Need a Marketing Technologist
- Six Pixels of Separation — The Time Is Ripe for a Chief Marketing Technologist
- MarketingSherpa — Chief Marketing Technologist: Finding the Right Person to Connect Powerful Tools with Effective Campaigns
- MediaPost — Evolving on the Fly: Growth Hackers, Agile Marketers, Bayesian Strategists and CMTs
- Content Marketing Institute — Why Your Brand Marketing Needs a Chief Marketing Technologist
- Forrester — Savvy CMOs Must Steer Their Marketing Technology Decisions In The Right Direction
- FierceContentManagement — Marketing technologist could act as bridge between CMO, CIO
- CMS Wire — CIO Reports to CMO: Technology Under Marketing?
I also write a monthly column on Marketing Land (previously on Search Engine Land) on conversion optimization, post-click experiences, marketing experimentation and testing, and related topics. A few of my favorite columns over the past few years have included:
- Marketing Technologists Are The Secret Weapon Of Conversion Optimization
- The Artist Formerly Known As The Marketing Funnel
- The Quintessential Marketer Scientist
- 4 Principles of Marketing as a Science
- Why Big Testing Will Be Bigger Than Big Data
- The Art of Seductive Landing Pages
- Death to the Cliché Landing Page
- Why Your Content Marketing Needs to Be More Active
- Who’s Afraid of the Big Bold Test?
- Have You Adopted Agile Marketing Yet?
- 4 Principles of Conversion Content Marketing
- The READY Conversion Optimization Framework
- The 5 Rings of Conversion Optimization
And, of course, I also contribute posts to ion interactive’s blog, which I might add contains many great pieces from some of the most amazing post-click marketing experts I know.