The first Tuesday in May is #MartechDay — a day to celebrate all the wonderful people working in the martech industry and the amazing practitioners who bring these capabilities to life in marketing organizations around the world.
On last year’s #MartechDay, Frans Riemersma and I released the updated 2022 marketing technology landscape and hosted the The Stackies 2022: Marketing Tech Stack Awards. Over 1,200 marketing and marketing operations leaders joined us online for those sessions.
This year, Frans and I wanted to do something bigger with the community.
Again, we’ll release the 2023 marketing technology landscape and host The Stackies 2023 (you are going to enter your stack, right?). But we’ve also invited over a dozen of the leading practitioners and martech experts that we know and love to give a series of 20-minute talks on the subjects that they’re most passionate about right now:
- David Edelman, senior lecturer at HBS and for CMO of Aetna
- Darrell Alfonso, director of marketing strategy & operations at Indeed.com
- Jill Rowley, GTM advisor at Stage 2 Capital and martech industry legend
- Neil Perkin, author of Agile Transformation and Building the Agile Business
- Benjamin Bloom, VP and martech analyst extraordinare at Gartner
- Debbie Qaqish, chief strategy officer and author of From Backroom to Boardroom
- Mike Rizzo, founder and CEO of the awesome MarketingOps.com community
- Jay McBain, chief analyst for channels, partners, and ecosystems at Canalys
- Scott Vaughan, legendary martech CMO and current GTM advisor at large
- Roger Beharry Lall, research director at IDC focused on mid-market martech
- Robert van Geffen, global head of digital marketing at Philips
- Hans Molenaar, director of the Beeckestijn Business School
- Danielle Balestra, director of marketing tech & operations at Goodwin
- Amber Sellens, digital marketing product line manager at Shell Energy
We’ve organized these talks into a free, mutli-track, online event for May 2 that we’ve christened the Best of Breed Marketing Summit. Our overarching theme is exchanging the best ideas across marketing and martech. It’s all about cross-pollinating across technologies, practices, industries, geos, skillsets.
Supporting this new Best of Breed Marketing Summit are five amazing sponsors: ActionIQ, SAS, Snowplow, Uptempo, and Flywheel Software. With each of them, Frans and I will host a fireside chat to dig into topics that they’re the world experts in. Composable CDPs. Responsible marketing in the age of AI. Mastering behavioral data in marketing. Marketing business acceleration. The amazing world of what’s possible for marketers in the cloud data warehouse today.
We’re also incredibly grateful to have Goldcast supporting our event by providing a super groovy virtual events platform, as well as our continued data partnerships with Clearbit and G2. (You’re going to be amazed by the analysis we’ll be able to share about the 2023 marketing technology landscape thanks to their help.)
All of this is completely free: register here to get full access to event — which will also give you the option to catch many of these sessions on-demand afterwards.
See you at the Best of Breed Marketing Summit on #MartechDay!
P.S. You’ve still got 4 full weeks to enter The Stackies 2023: Marketing Tech Stack Awards. Don’t miss this opportunity to get recognition for you and your team, as well as the vendors you love working with, by contributing your stack illustration to the martech community!