For this 9th episode of The Martech Show, I was delighted to have Rishi Dave, CMO of MongoDB, join me for a conversation about his experience as a tech-savvy CMO. Prior to MongoDB, Rishi had served as the CMO of Vonage and Dun & Bradstreet. Before that, he led digital marketing for the enterprise group at Dell.
Rishi, whose educational background was chemical engineering, has been one of the pioneers of martech-age marketing. For this episode, we ditched the slides and just discussed Rishi’s experience in the evolution of the marketing profession:
- Rishi’s transition to CMO — what was this like? Any surprises?
- Agile marketing practices, modern team organization
- Managing martech and marketing operations — experiences, insights, practices
- Thoughts on build vs. buy marketing tech? APIs in marketing?
- Getting broader adoption of marketing technology across the org
- How to communicate the value of martech and marketing ops to the C-suite?
- Relationship between marketing and IT — how has he seen that evolve?
- Any new marketing technologies you’ve been impressed with lately?
- 2020 “remote work” experience with marketing team
- Advice for the next generation of aspiring CMOs
Watch the full episode here:
Get chiefmartec.com directly in your inbox!
Subscribe to my newsletter to get the latest insights on martech as soon as they hit the wire. I usually publish an article every week or two — aiming for quality over quantity.