Valentine’s Day is a holiday for celebrating love — either that or, depending on who you ask, an evil plot by the floral-industrial complex. (Eisenhower warned us about them.)
This past Valentine’s Day, I gave homage to my professional love, the wild and wonderful field of marketing technology, with an hour-long webinar on 5 Disruptions That Are Reshaping Marketing As We Know It.
Thanks to the producers of the MarTech conference, who sponsored the webcast, I’m happy to share the full webinar video with you below, completely ungated. (Well, you have to click the play button, if you count that as a micro-gate or maybe, um, a nano-gate.)
It’s a deep dive in the five disruptions that I wrote about back in December — the big forces, strategic and technical, that are changing the scope and practice of marketing this year and next:
- Digital transformation redefines “marketing” beyond the marketing department.
- Microservices & APIs (and open source) form the fabric of marketing infrastructure.
- Vertical competition presents a greater strategic threat than horizontal competition.
- AR, MR, VR, IoT, wearables, conversational interfaces, etc. give us digital everything.
- Artificial intelligence multiplies the operational complexity of marketing & business.
If you’re interested in learning more about these topics, you should join us at the next MarTech conference in San Francisco, May 9-11. Here’s an overview of the program. And, I’ll note that the early bird “alpha” rate for tickets expires this coming week — don’t miss this opportunity to save $400.
P.S. The very last slide in this presentation mistakenly said that the early bird “alpha” rate for the MarTech conference ends on February 28 (it was supposed to be February 25). Sorry for the confusion! Of course, we’ll honor the alpha rate for those extra three days.