Yesterday we broadcast our second episode of chiefmartecTV on the topic of The Myths and Monsters of Agile Marketing.
My special guest was Roland Smart, VP of Social & Community Marketing at Oracle, author of the book The Agile Marketer, and co-host of The Marketing Agility Podcast. If you’re getting the sense that Roland is deeply into agile marketing, you’ve got the right impression. He’s a real superstar on the subject.
Since agile marketing is one of my favorite topics, discussed extensively in my book, Hacking Marketing, Roland and I wasted no time in diving into some of the trickier topics that come up in agile marketing adoption, such as:
- Differences between agile software and agile marketing
- How to get started, from talking agile to doing agile
- Is agile best adopted top-down, bottom-up, or some hybrid of the two?
- Common risks and failure scenarios with adoption
- Is agile best for small companies and start-ups, or does it work in the enterprise too?
- How to scale agile marketing across multiple teams in a larger organization
- How to keep multiple agile teams aligned on a common strategy
- Can agile work with agencies and service providers in the loop?
You can watch the recording of the show on YouTube:
Our next episode will be in August, with a special guest from the marketing strategy firm Lenati, as we discuss a new report that we’re producing on marketing technology management practices of senior marketing executives across a range of industries.
Subscribe on the chiefmartecTV page to be notified when that episode will be scheduled, so you have the option of joining as a call-in participant.
Get chiefmartec.com directly in your inbox!
Subscribe to my newsletter to get the latest insights on martech as soon as they hit the wire. I usually publish an article every week or two — aiming for quality over quantity.